Removal & Installation
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Perform the fuel system depressurization procedure.
- Disconnect the battery negative cable.
- Disconnect all vacuum lines and electrical connectors from the throttle body. Tag for location, if necessary. Electrical connectors include TPS, MAP and IAC motor.
- Disconnect cables: throttle, cruise control and others fitted.
- Remove the throttle body bolts.
- Lift the throttle body from the intake manifold.
- Put a clean rag into the intake manifold to prevent the entry of foreign matter.
- Always use a new gasket. Inspect the O-ring between the throttle body and intake manifold.
- Reverse the removal procedure.
Tighten the throttle body bolts to 9 ft. lbs. (12 Nm).