Adjustment is only needed when the tensioner or a cable has been replaced or disconnected for service. To avoid faulty operation, only the procedure below should be carried out.
- Brakes must be operating correctly and properly adjusted.
- Check that the parking brake cables operate freely.
- Raise the vehicle and check that the wheels turn without drag with the parking brake released.
- Apply the parking brake fully.
- Mark the tensioner rod 1 / 4 in. (6.35mm) from the edge of the tensioner. There may be a factory mark already here.
- Tighten the adjusting nut on the tensioner until the mark is no longer visible.
Release the parking brake and ensure that the wheels turn without drag.