Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Install prop rod on the brake pedal to keep pressure on the brake system.
- Raise and support vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Drain small amount of fluid from master cylinder brake reservoir with suction gun.
- Remove the brake hose banjo bolt if replacing caliper.
- Remove the caliper mounting slide pin bolts.
Remove the caliper from vehicle.
- Install the brake pads if removed.
- Lubricate anti-rattle clips for the disc brake pads.
- Install the caliper to the brake caliper adapter.
- Coat the caliper mounting slide pin bolts with silicone grease. Then install and tighten the bolts to 25 Nm (18 ft. lbs.).
- Install the brake hose banjo bolt if removed.
Install the brake hose to the caliper with new seal washers and tighten fitting bolt to 31 Nm (23 ft. lbs.).
NOTEVerify brake hose is not twisted or kinked before tightening fitting bolt.
- Remove the prop rod from the vehicle.
- Bleed the base brake system.
- Install the wheel and tire assemblies.