Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Raise and support vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assemblies.
- Compress the caliper.
- Remove the caliper.
Remove the caliper by tilting the top up and off the caliper adapter.
NOTEDo not allow brake hose to support caliper assembly.
- Support and hang the caliper.
- Remove the inboard brake pad from the caliper adapter.
- Remove the outboard brake pad from the caliper adapter.
- Bottom the piston in the caliper bore with C-clamp. Place an old brake shoe between a C-clamp and caliper piston.
- Clean the caliper mounting surface.
Install anti-rattle clips.
NOTEWhen servicing the rear brake pads, replace the anti-rattle clips on the brake adapter. Anti-rattle clips are provided with the shoe & lining kit.
- Install inboard brake pad in adapter.
- Install outboard brake pad in adapter.
- Tilt the top of the caliper over rotor and secure to the mounting holes on the brake caliper adapter.
- Install the caliper.
- Install wheel and tire assemblies and lower vehicle.
- Apply brakes several times to seat caliper pistons and brake shoes and obtain firm pedal.
- Top off master cylinder fluid level.