Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Remove the axle shaft nuts, washers and cones. If the cones do not readily release, rap the axle shaft sharply in the center.
- Remove the axle shaft.
- Remove the outer hub nut.
- Straighten the lockwasher tab and remove it along with the inner nut and bearing.
- Carefully remove the drum.
- Position the drum on the axle housing.
- Install the bearing and inner nut. While rotating the wheel and tire, tighten the adjusting nut until a slight drag is felt.
- Back off the adjusting nut 1 / 6 turn so that the wheel rotates freely without excessive end-play.
- Install the lockrings and nut. Place a new gasket on the hub and install the axle shaft, cones, lockwashers and nuts.
- Install the wheel and tire.
- Road-test the vehicle.