Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Remove the wheel.
Support the lower control arm.
NOTEThe tension of the coil spring must be supported with a suitable jack stand.
- Remove the cotter pin and ball stud nut.
- Separate the ball joint from the knuckle.
- Press the ball joint out of the control arm.
- Press the ball joint into the control arm.
- Install the ball joint into the knuckle.
- Install the ball stud nut. Torque the nut to 129 ft. lbs. (175 Nm) and install a new cotter pin.
- Remove the support from the lower control arm.
- Install the wheel. Torque the lug nuts to 100 ft. lbs. (140 Nm).