REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The radio may contain a coded theft protection circuit. Always make note of the code before disconnecting the battery.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Access the crankshaft pulley bolt through the left side inner fender liner. Use a socket, long extension and a suitable ratchet to rotate the engine. Rotate the engine counterclockwise until the white Top Dead Center (TDC) mark on the pulley aligns with the pointer on the engine cover.
- Label the ignition wires, but do not remove them.
- Remove the distributor cap and note the location of the ignition rotor. If the ignition rotor is not pointing toward the terminal of the distributor cap for cylinder No. 1, rotate the crankshaft one complete revolution counterclockwise, and align the white (TDC) mark on the pulley with the pointer on the engine cover.
- If the distributor is going to be reinstalled, make an alignment mark between the distributor housing and the cylinder head using a scribe or a chisel. Then, and using a scribe, felt tipped marker or touch up paint, make an alignment mark on the distributor housing for the rotor.
- Uncouple the electrical connectors on the side of the distributor.
- Remove the three distributor mounting bolts, then remove the distributor from the cylinder head.
See Figures 1, 2 and 3