- Open the hood and matchmark the hinge and latch positions.
- Loosen the hinge-to-hood bolts just enough to allow movement of the hood.
- Loosen the hood lock at the grille support.
- Close the hood and move it so that you have a 3 / 16 in. (5mm) clearance between the back of the hood and the cowl.
- Raise the hood no more than 30° and tighten the hood-to-hinge bolts.
- Tighten the latch, then lower the hood and check for even pressure at the fender pads. Open the hood and, using somethings like modeling clay, apply the substance to the top side of the primary latch striker arm.
- Close the hood and make sure it is fully latched.
- Open the hood and check the latch imprint in the clay.
- A properly adjusted latch will show a centered imprint on the striker. If not, adjust the hood latch.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
You'll need an assistant for this job.
- Open the hood.
- Matchmark the hood-to-hinge position.
- Remove the hood-to-hinge bolts and lift off the hood.
- Lift the hood and place it in position on the vehicle.
- Align the matchmarks, tighten all bolts to 20 ft. Lbs. (27 Nm).