The power steering pump is located under the front of the engine. Check the fluid level in the reservoir at every oil change.
- Clean off the cap and around the reservoir to prevent dirt from falling in. Foreign matter in the power steering system can cause the same problems as dirt in the brake hydraulic system.
- Remove the cap. All models are equipped with an integral cap/dipstick.
- Wipe the dipstick with a clean cloth and reinsert it into the reservoir. Be sure that it is firmly seated.
- Remove the cap and check the fluid level on the dipstick. If the engine has been running, the fluid should be at the "hot" level, if not it should be at the "cold" level.
- If it is necessary to add fluid, add only power steering fluid. Do not add automatic transmission fluid to the power steering system. Do not overfill the reservoir.