REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the headlight cover (surrounding trim panel).
- Loosen the screws holding the headlight retainer ring in place.
The screws directly above and to one side of the headlight are for adjusting the vertical and horizontal headlight aim. Don't confuse these with the retaining ring screws.
- Rotate the retainer ring to disengage the ring from the screws. Remove the ring.
- Pull the headlight out and pull the wire plug off the back.
There are currently only 3 types of round headlights commonly in use on U.S. cars:
- Four-lamp system high beam.
- Four-lamp system combined high and low beam;
- Two-lamp system combined high and low beam.
Knowing this, you can check your required headlight number against the "Light Bulb Specifications" chart and charge off to the discount or auto parts store.
If your two-lamp system takes a 6014 headlight, don't buy the 6012 headlight. This is an older headlight that is being phased out. It isn't as bright as a 6014, though it will interchange.
- Push the plug onto the new headlight. Position the headlight. There are lugs on the headlight to make it impossible to put it in wrong.
- Replace the retainer ring and tighten the screws.
- Replace the headlight cover.