REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Discharge the A/C refrigerant system safely (see ).
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the evaporator drain hose.
- Disconnect the liquid and suction refrigerant lines from the evaporator (engine side). Remove the firewall insulator O-rings.
- Remove the glove box and dash trim insert.
- Remove the heater ducts and disconnect the duct joints from the heater case.
- Disconnect the switch and main wire harness from the evaporator.
- Remove the evaporator case mounting nuts and bolts, lower the case assembly and remove it from the vehicle.
- Separate the case halves by removing the spring clips. Remove the expansion valve and other components to free the evaporator core from the case mounting.
- Install the evaporator, connect components and the expansion valve.
- Assemble the evaporator case and mount in under the dash.
- Connect the wiring harness, duct connections to the heater and install the ducts.
- Install the glove box and trim panel.
- Install the firewall insulators. Connect the refrigerant lines using new O-rings lubricated with refrigerant oil.
- Connect the evaporator drain hose. Connect the negative battery cable. Charge the A/C refrigerant system.