- Measure the distance between the floor and the top of the clutch pedal.
- Refer to the height chart in this section for proper distance. Loosen the clutch switch locknut and move the switch in or out as necessary.
- Tighten the locknut.
CABLE AND FREE-PLAY
Except Conquest and 4-WD Vista
- Slightly pull the cable out from the firewall.
- Turn the adjusting wheel on the cable until the play between the wheel and the cable retainer is set to the distance shown in the chart.
- Check the clutch free-play: Jack up the front of the car and support it on stands. Slide under and remove the rubber cover from the clutch housing. Using a 0.8mm feeler gauge, check the clearance between the pressure plate diaphragm spring and the throwout bearing.
- If the free travel is not correct, make further adjustments at the cable adjusting wheel.
Each turn of the adjusting wheel equals 1.5mm of adjustment to the wheel and retainer clearance.
- Lower the car and check the clutch operation.
If pedal free-play and pedal surface-to-floor clearance are not within the value specified in the chart, there is air in the hydraulic system. Bleed the system.