REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Loosen the battery cable clamping nuts, negative (ground) cable first. Spread the battery cable terminals (or use a cable terminal puller. Remove the negative cable and then the positive cable.
- Remove the battery hold-down frame nuts and the frame.
- Put on work gloves or use a battery carrier and lift the battery from the engine compartment. Be careful not to tip the battery and spill acid on yourself or the car during removal. Automotive batteries contain a sulfuric acid electrolyte which is harmful to skin, clothing and paint finishes.
- Carefully fit the battery into the engine compartment holder. Install the hold-down frame and tighten the retaining nuts.
- Install the positive cable first, then the negative cable. Lightly coat the battery cables with petroleum jelly.