REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Make sure that the engine and turbocharger are cold, preferably overnight cold, before removing the unit.
- Remove the heat shield.
- Remove the oxygen sensor from the catalytic converter.
- Remove the converter-to-turbocharger nuts.
- Remove the air intake pipe connecting bolt.
- Remove the turbocharger mounting nuts and lift the unit off the engine.
- Check the unit for any signs of cracks or damage. Make sure the turbine and compressor wheels turn freely. Apply air pressure through the nipple into the wastegate actuator and make sure that the wastegate actuator and linkage operate properly.
- Place the turbocharger in position and secure. Torque all parts to the specification shown in the accompanying illustration. Before the oil pipe flare nut is installed at the top of the unit, pour clean engine oil into the turbocharger. Always use new gaskets.