REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
When working on fuel tanks, be sure to disconnect the battery ground (negative) cable. On turbocharged and/or fuel injected models the fuel system pressure must be relieved. See the Fuel Pump procedures, above.
- Remove the drain plug (if equipped) or disconnect the fuel line to drain the fuel from the tank. On the Vista, remove the spare tire.
- Loosen the fuel hose (main and return) clamps and disconnect the fuel lines.
- Disconnect the filler hose and breather hose from the filler neck.
- Remove the fuel tank mounting band while supporting the tank. Lower the fuel tank slightly and disconnect the fuel gauge wiring connector and, on models with an electric fuel pump, the fuel pump wiring.
- Remove the fuel tank.
- Place the fuel tank into position. Connect the wiring connectors. Secure the tank and connect the fuel lines.