REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Rear Wheel Drive Cars Except Conquest
- Remove the grille or grilles covering the headlights.
- Unscrew the retaining screws and pull the bulb out from its mounting.
Do not unscrew the adjustment screws or a headlight adjustment will be required.
- Unplug the electrical connectors and remove the bulb.
- Install the replacement bulb. Install the grille covers.
- Using the pop-up switch (not the headlight switch), raise the headlights.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove 3 outside and 2 inside screws from the headlight bezel. Pull the bezel up and forward to remove it.
- Remove the 4 headlight trim ring mounting screws (don't mistakenly touch the headlight aiming screws), and remove the trim ring.
- Pull the headlight out enough to disconnect the wiring plug. Remove the headlight.
- Connect the wiring plug and install the headlight. Secure the trim ring retainer and bezel. Connect the battery cable. Check operation.
- Remove the front side marker lights (Vista). Grille lower garnish (Colt).
- Remove the radiator grille (Early Colts).
- Remove the headlight bezel.
- Remove the headlight mounting screws. Don't disturb the headlight aiming screws.
- Using needlenosed pliers, unhook the spring from the headlight support panel. Remove the plug connector and remove the bulb.