REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Release the fuel system pressure. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system level to a point below the radiator and by-pass hose connections at the engine. Disconnect the hose from the engine.
- Remove the air intake hose from the throttle body. Disconnect the electrical harness connectors. Remove the throttle body.
- Remove the fuel pressure regulator.
- Remove the fuel line to the injector delivery pipe.
- Remove the mounting bolts and the fuel delivery pipe and fuel injectors as an assembly.
When lifting the delivery pipe from the engine, take care not to drop the fuel injectors.
- Remove the injectors for the delivery tube by twisting them while pulling them out of the tube.
- Measure the resistance between the injector terminals. Resistance should be 2-3 omega . Replace the injector if the proper resistance is not present.
- Clean all gasket and O-ring mounting surfaces.
- Install new O-ring insulators to the delivery tube mounting points on the intake manifold.
- Install the fuel injectors into the delivery tube. Install a new grommet and O-ring on the injector. Apply a film of light oil to the O-rings.
- Push the injector into the delivery while twisting it. After the injector is seated in the delivery tube, make sure that it will turn freely. If the injector binds, the O-ring may be jammed. Remove the injector and check the O-ring. Service as necessary and install the injector.
- Position the fuel delivery rail over the intake manifold mounting points. Line up the injectors and secure the fuel pipe.
- Apply a film of light oil on the fuel pressure (new) O-ring. Turn the locknut up till it reaches the top of the threads next to the regulator body. Screw the fuel pressure into the delivery pipe by hand. When the regulator bottoms, back it off until the nipple is parallel with the distributor cap towers. Tighten the locknut to secure the regulator.
- Connect the fuel line. Install the throttle body with a new mounting gasket.
- Connect the wire harnesses, water hoses and air inlet hose. Fill the cooling system and connect the battery cable.