REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the rear of the vehicle with jackstand placed under the frame.
- Drain the differential fluid.
- Remove the intermediate shafts.
- Matchmark and disconnect the driveshaft.
- Take the weight off of the differential with a floor jack.
- Remove the bolt that connects the differential front support bracket and the crossmember.
- Remove the bolts connecting the differential rear support and the differential carrier.
- Lower the carrier and remove it from under the vehicle. Service as required.
- Position the differential and connect it to the supports. Connect the driveshaft and intermediate shafts. Torque the rear support to carrier bolts to 95 ft. lbs.; the front support to crossmember bolt to 101 ft. lbs.