REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the wheel cover and loosen the lug nuts.
- Jack up the rear of the car and support with jackstands. Remove the lug nuts and the rear wheels.
- On rear wheel drive, remove the phillips head screws that retain the drum to the axle flange and remove the brake drum. On front wheel drive models, remove the hub center cap, loosen and remove the axle nut, slide the drum from the spindle (take care not to drop the axle bearing).
If you meet resistance while removing the drum, back off on the adjuster.
- Inspect the drum for grooves, have it machined or replaced as necessary.
- Install the drum and adjust the brakes. On front wheel drive models repack the wheel bearings (refer to the bearing section in this section).