REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the rear end on jackstands.
- Remove the rear wheels.
- Unclip the brake hose at the strut.
- Unbolt the intermediate shaft from the companion flange.
- Unbolt the strut assembly from the axleshaft housing. Remove the housing coupling bolt. Separate the strut from the housing by pushing the housing downward while prying open the coupling on the housing.
- Remove the strut upper end attaching nuts, found under the side trim in the cargo area.
- Lift out the strut.
- Install the strut. Torque the upper end nuts to 20-25 ft. lbs.; the strut-to-housing bolts to 50 ft. lbs.; the coupling bolt to 50 ft. lbs.
See the disassembly procedure for MacPherson front suspension struts, earlier in this section.