REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the drive belt. If the pulley is to be removed do so now.
- Disconnect the pressure and return lines. Catch any leaking fluid.
- Remove the pump attaching bolts and lift the pump from the brackets.
- Make sure the bracket bolts are tight and install the pump to the brackets.
- If pulley had been removed install it and tighten the nut securely. Bend the lock tab over the nut.
- Install the drive belt and adjust to a tension of 22 lbs. at a deflection of 7mm to the housing mainshaft.
- Fill the reservoir with Dexron®II fluid and air bleed the system. (Refer to the bleeding procedure).
- Start the engine and inspect for leakage.
When installing the pressure and return hoses, be careful not to twist or strip the fittings and pipes. Route the lines so as not to interfere with adjacent parts.