REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the drive belt. If the pulley is to be removed do so now.
- Disconnect the pressure and return lines. Catch any leaking fluid.
- Remove the pump attaching bolts and lift the pump from the brackets.
- Make sure the bracket bolts are tight and install the pump to the brackets.
- If pulley had been removed install it and tighten the nut securely. Bend the lock tab over the nut.
- Install the drive belt and adjust to a tension of 22 lbs. at a deflection of 7mm to the housing mainshaft.
- Fill the reservoir with Dexron®II fluid and air bleed the system. (Refer to the bleeding procedure).
- Start the engine and inspect for leakage.