REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Rear Wheel Drive Cars
- Remove the steering wheel as previously outlines.
- Remove the instrument cluster using the procedure in .
- Undo the retaining screws and remove the top and bottom steering column covers.
- Disconnect each column switch harness, then remove the column switch from the column tube.
- Remove the switch assembly retaining screws from the back of the column switch.
- Remove the turn signal and flasher switch contact points.
- Examine the switch contact points for corrosion. Clean or replace them as necessary.
- Install the switch. Be sure that the switch is centered in the column or the self-cancelling will be affected. The switch wiring harness should be securely retained with clips.
- Remove the steering wheel.
- Remove the lap heater duct.
- Remove the column covers.
- Remove the switch retaining screws, disconnect the wiring and remove the switch.
- Install the switch. Connect the wiring. Install the column covers, heater duct and steering wheel.