REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
On models not listed below, the linkage is removed with the wiper motor.Rear Wheel Drive Cars Except Conquest
- Remove the wiper arm.
- Remove the wiper arm retaining nuts and push the shaft in toward the body.
- Remove the wiper motor and bracket assembly.
- Pull the wiper linkage out through the access hole. To disconnect the wiper linkage, press the bushing out by hand while holding the crank arm and linkage parallel.
- When installing the wiper arm shaft on the body, insert the shaft bracket positioning boss into the marching hole in the body.
- Before installing the center shaft bracket, remove the canister and make sure that the shaft bracket boss is inserted in the hole.
- Adjust the wiper blade position in the stopped position approximately 12-19mm above the windshield molding or rubber seal then tighten the wiper arm nuts to 8-12 ft. lbs.
- Remove the wiper arms.
- Remove the cowl trim panel.
- Disconnect the wiper link shaft and body.
- Disconnect the linkage from the motor.
- Lift out the linkage assembly.
- Installation the linkage and connect it to the wiper motor. Install the cowl panel and install the wiper arm assemblies. Tighten the wiper arm nuts to 12 ft. lbs.
With the wipers in the at-rest position, the tips of the blades should be 20mm above the windshield trim molding.