REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Properly discharge the air conditioning system into a recovery/recycling machine.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the clutch electrical wiring.
- Once the system has been discharged, unbolt the connections at the compressor and plug all four openings.
- Loosen the A/C compressor belt idler pulley tensioning bracket mounting and pivot bolts. Remove the tension from the compressor drive belt and then remove the belt.
- Support the compressor. Remove the two mounting bolts from the lower side of the compressor, then the two mounting nuts from above it. Remove the compressor.
- Install the compressor in reverse order, noting these points:
- Tighten the attaching nuts and bolts to 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm).
- Make sure sealing surfaces are clean and free of scratches and replace gaskets. Gaskets are specific to suction and discharge fittings, so fit them according to the number of pilots on the fitting and/or number of holes in the gasket. Make the connections, install the bolts, then tighten them to 170-230 inch lbs. (19-26 Nm).
- Have the system thoroughly evacuated at a repair shop and then have it recharged.