REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Properly discharge the air conditioning system into a recovery/recycling machine.
- Remove the refrigerant line attaching nut and separate the lines at the condenser sealing plate. Immediately cap the ends with a plastic cap designed for this purpose or with plastic sheeting and tape.
- Remove the two mounting bolts located near the top of the condenser. These attach the condenser to the radiator core support.
- Lift the condenser out of the engine compartment, being careful not to damage fins or piping.
- Install the condenser in reverse order. Replace all gaskets and O-rings. O-rings must be coated with refrigerant oil drawn from an unopened container prior to installation.
- If the condenser used is a new one, make sure to have oil added to the system to replace that which was removed with the old compressor. This requires specialized service knowledge. A 500 SUS viscosity, wax-free oil must be used. The compressor holds 198-212 grams.
- Have the system evacuated, charged and leak tested by a trained technician.