REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Core removal requires removal of the entire heater assembly.
- Remove the heater/evaporator assembly.
- Place the unit on a workbench. On the inside-the-car side, remove the 1 / 4 -20 in. nut from the mode door actuator on the top cover and the two retaining clips from the front edge of the cover. To remove the mode door actuator, remove the two screws securing it to the cover.
- Remove the fifteen screws attaching the cover to the assembly and lift off the cover. Lift the mode door out of the unit.
- Remove the screw from the core retaining bracket and lift out the core.
- Place the core in the unit and install the bracket.
- Install the actuator arm.