REMOVAL, TESTING & INSTALLATION
The neutral start circuit is the center contact of the three-terminal switch located in the transaxle case.
- Remove the wiring connector and test for continuity between the center pin and the case. Continuity should exist only in Park and Neutral.
- Remove the switch and check that the operating lever fingers are centered in the switch opening.
- Install the switch and a new seal, then tighten to 24 ft. lbs. (33 Nm). Retest with a lamp.
- Replace the lost transaxle fluid.
- If shift linkage adjustment is correct and the switch still malfunctions, replace the switch.