REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the master cylinder. It can be pulled far enough out of the way to allow booster removal without disconnecting the brake lines. Be careful not to damage the lines.
- Disconnect the vacuum hose from the booster.
- Under the instrument panel, pry the retainer clip center tang over the end of the brake pedal pin and pull the retainer clip from the pin. Discard the clip.
- Remove the four booster attaching nuts.
- Remove the booster from the vehicle.
- Position the booster on the firewall.
- Tighten the nuts to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Carefully position the master cylinder on the booster.
- Install the mounting nuts and tighten them to 18 ft. lbs. (26 Nm).
- Connect the vacuum hose to the booster.
- Coat the bearing surface of the pedal pin with chassis lube.
- Connect the pushrod to the pedal pin and install a new clip.
- Check the stoplight operation.
Do not attempt to disassemble the power brake unit, since the booster is serviced as a complete assembly only.