REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Make sure the ignition is in the OFF position and all battery feed accessories are off.
- Open the hood.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable first, then the positive.
- Unfasten the hold-down clamp, then remove the battery.
- If necessary, replace any damaged cables before installing the battery.
- Clean the top of the battery with a solution of water and baking soda. Scrub the area using a stiff bristle brush, then wipe off with a cloth moistened in the baking soda solution. Throw away all used rags when done.
- Inspect the battery tray for any damage, clean with the baking soda solution or replace if needed.
- If the old battery is being put back in the vehicle, clean the posts with a suitable tool. With a new or old battery, make sure to clean the inside surfaces of the terminal ends of the cables.
- Position the battery on the tray.
- Attach the hold down clamp, tighten the bolts to 250 inch lbs. (28 Nm).
- Connect the battery cables. Make sure the top of the clamps are flush with the top of the post.
- Tighten the clamp nut securely.
- Coat the terminal ends with a light mineral grease after tightening.
- Close the hood.
- Start the vehicle, run for about 15-20 min. to make sure you have a good charge.