REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air cleaner and detach all vacuum lines, electrical connections and fuel line from the carburetor.
- Drain the cooling system. Remove the inlet hose from the water box to the heated intake manifold, then the outlet hose to the heater.
- Disconnect the EGR tube at the manifold.
- Remove the eight mounting nuts and washers from the manifold and remove it from the engine.
- Remove the carburetor from the manifold.
- Clean all gasket surfaces, install new gaskets and tighten the mounting nuts to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm). The remaining procedures are reverse the removal.