REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Move the temperature selector to full on.
- Open the radiator drain cock.
- When the coolant reserve tank is empty, remove the hose leading to the radiator.
- Loosen the radiator cap.
- Remove the radiator hoses.
- Disconnect the fan.
- Remove the fan shroud/motor attaching bolts. Be careful not to damage the fan blades, remove the shroud by pulling it upward and out of the attachment clips at the bottom.
- Disconnect the radiator fan switch wiring harness if equipped. This is located in the radiator.
- If equipped with automatic transaxle, disconnect and plug the fluid cooler lines.
- Remove the upper and lower mounting brackets. Remove the top radiator attaching bolt.
- Remove the bottom radiator attaching bolts on 1981-85 models only.
- Lift the radiator from the engine compartment.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. On 1987-89 models without rubber grommets at the top, preload the upper mounting brackets with 10 lbs. (5 kg.) of force downward. Tighten all mounting bolts to 105 inch lbs. (12 Nm). Make sure the hoses are fully installed onto the fittings and that clamps are properly tightened. Refill the cooling system with 50/50 water/antifreeze mix by filling the radiator to the top and the overflow tank to the fill line.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- If there is no overflow tank, recheck the coolant level after the system has reached operating temperature and has then cooled.