REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Drain the cooling system to a level below the thermostat.
- Remove the two mounting bolts, then the thermostat housing.
- Remove the thermostat and discard the gasket. Clean both gasket surfaces thoroughly.
- Dip the new gasket in water, then install. Position the thermostat in the water box, making sure it is properly seated by centering it in the water box, on top of the gasket. Install the housing, then the two bolts.
- Reconnect the hose, then install and tighten the hose clamp.
- Refill the cooling system, start the engine, and check for leaks. After the engine has reached operating temperature, allow it to cool. Then, recheck coolant level in the radiator, refilling as necessary.