All radios are trimmed at the factory and should require no further adjustment. However, after a repair or if the antenna trim is to be verified, proceed as follows:
- Turn radio on.
- Manually tune the radio to a weak station between 1400 and 1600 KHz on AM.
- Increase the volume and set the tone control to full treble (clockwise).
- Viewing the radio from the front, the trimmer control is a slot-head located at the rear of the right side. Adjust it carefully by turning it back and forth with a flat-bladed tool until maximum loudness is achieved.
Ground straps can also be obtained in kit form from local radio or CB shops.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the radio from the vehicle.
- Unplug the antenna lead from the radio.
- Unscrew the antenna mast from the body of the vehicle.
- Remove the cap nut, tool C-4816 or an equivalent may be used.
- Remove the antenna adapter and gasket.
- Unfasten the pins from the rear of the plastic fender well, then bend the shield out of the way.
- From under the fender, remove the antenna lead and body assembly.
- Install the antenna body and cable from underneath the fender.
- Install the gasket, adapter and cap nut. Tighten the cap nut to 125 inch lbs. (14 Nm). You may need tool C-4816 or an equivalent.
- Attach the antenna mast to the body until the sleeve bottoms on thew antenna body.
- Route the cable to the radio.
- Install the radio.