REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Mark the outline of the hinges on the hood.
- Place a protective covering over the windshield area and both of the fenders.
- Place a block of wood between the windshield and the hood in case of accidental rearward movement.
- Remove the hinge bolts. With the aid of an assistant, remove the hood from the vehicle.
- With the aid of an assistant, place the hood on the hinges and install the bolts loosely.
- Align the scribed marks on the hood with the hinges, then tighten the bolts to 105 inch lbs. (12 Nm).
- Remove the wood block and protective coverings.
Prior to making any adjustments, inspect the clearance and alignment of the hood sides in relation to the cowl, fenders, and grille. The hood-to-cowl clearance adjustment should be made first. Elongated holes in the hinge permit the hood to be adjusted from side to side and fore and aft.