REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
A spring compressor is required to remove the spring from the strut. A crow's foot adaptor and torque wrench are also required.
- Remove the strut and coil assembly from the vehicle.
- Compress the spring, using a reliable coil spring compressor.
- Hold the strut rod and remove the rod nut.
- Remove the retainers and bushings.
- Remove the spring.
Springs are not interchangeable from side to side.
When removing the spring from the compressor, open the compressor evenly and not more than 9 1 / 4 in. (235mm).
- Assembly is the reverse of disassembly in the following order:
- Bumper dust shield
- Spring seat
- Upper spring retainer
- Bearing and spacer
- Mount assembly
- Rebound bumper
- Rod nut
Tighten rod nut to 55 ft. lbs. (75 Nm) before removing the spring compressor. Use a crow's foot adaptor to tighten the nut while holding the rod with an open end wrench.
Be sure the lower coil end of the spring is securely positioned in the seat recess.