REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the front inner pivot through-bolt, the rear stub strut nut, retainer and bushing, and the ball joint-to-steering knuckle clamp bolt.
- Separate the ball joint stud from the steering knuckle by prying between the ball stud retainer on the knuckle and the lower control arm.
Pulling the steering knuckle out from the vehicle after releasing it from the ball joint can separate the inner CV-joint.
- Remove the sway bar-to-control arm nut and reinforcement and rotate the control arm over the sway bar. Remove the rear stub strut bushing, sleeve and retainer.
The substitution of fasteners other than those of the grade originally used is not recommended.
- Install the retainer, bushing and sleeve on the stub strut.
- Position the control arm over the sway bar and install the rear stub strut and front pivot into the crossmember.
- Install the front pivot bolt and loosely install the nut.
- Install the stub strut bushing and retainer and loosely assemble the nut.
- Install the ball joint stud into the steering knuckle and install the clamp bolt. Tighten the clamp bolt to 50-70 ft. lbs. (68-95 Nm).
- Position the sway bar bracket and stud through the control arm and install the retainer and nut. Tighten the nut to 10-25 ft. lbs. (14-34 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle. With the suspension supporting the vehicle, tighten the front pivot bolts and the stub strut nuts.