REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Loosen the lug nuts on the front wheels.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel.
- Remove the cam bolt, knuckle bolts and washer plates.
- Next, remove the brake hose to the dampener bracket retaining screw.
- Inspect for evidence of fluid running from the upper end of the reservoir.
- Attach the unit into the fender reinforcement, then install the retaining nut and washer assembly. Tighten to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Position the knuckle leg in the strut and install the upper (cam) and lower through-bolts.
- Attach the brake hose to the damper, tighten to 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm).
- Index the cam bolt with the match marks.
- Place a C-clamp on the strut and knuckle, then tighten just enough to eliminate any looseness between the knuckle and the strut. Check the alignment of the index marks.
- Tighten the cam bolt to 45 ft. lbs. (61 Nm) plus 1 / 4 turn.
- Remove the C-clamp, install the wheel.
- Lower the vehicle and tighten the lug nuts.
- Have the alignment checked as soon as possible.