REMOVAL, INSTALLATION AND ADJUSTMENT
- Remove the control assembly from the vehicle.
- Depress the tab on the flag, then pull the temperature control cable out of the receiver on the heater control.
- Depress the tab on the flag, then pull the temperature control cable out of the receiver on the heater assembly.
- Pull the heater assembly end of the cable towards the right of the vehicle through the middle holes in the brake support bracket.
- Place a 1 / 4 in. (7mm) tube over the clip and pry the self-adjusting clip off of the core wire.
To install and adjust:
- Position the self-adjusting clip on the cable core a 2 in. (50mm) from the small loop at the heater assembly flag end. With a 1 / 4 in. (7mm) tube, twist the self-adjusting clip into position on the core wire.
- Route the cable through the middle holes in the brake support bracket and then forward of and around the main wiring harness.
- Align the door crank pin with the clip and at the same time. Seat the cable flag in the receiver and the clip over the crank pin.
- Place the temperature control lever in the extreme left position (cool).
- Join the cable core wire to the control lever pin and snap the flag into the receiver on the heater control.
- Install the heater control instrument panel.
- Adjust the cable by moving the temperature control lever to the warm position, until it contacts the right hand edge of the bezel slot.