REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the two lens assembly lower attaching retaining springs by pulling rearward with a pliers.
- Allow the lens assembly to drop as it is pulled rearward.
- Remove the speedometer assembly, usually two screws.
- Remove the two wiring harness connectors.
- Remove the two (1978-79), or four (1980-83) cluster attaching screws.
- In 1978-79 only, pull the two upper spring retainers away from the panel.
- If equipped with a clock, reach behind the panel and disconnect the wires.
- Remove the cluster assembly.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
Rattles in a 1978 or 1979 instrument cluster may be caused by loose or missing upper cluster mounting clips. To correct rattles, use a screw Chrysler Part No 9414172 in the screw holes provided in the upper part of the cluster.
- Remove the two lower cluster bezel retaining screws.
- Allow the bezel to drop slightly as it is moved rearward and remove the bezel.
- Remove the four screws attaching the cluster to the base panel.
- Pull the cluster rearward and disconnect the speedometer cable and the wiring connector.
- Remove the cluster assembly from the instrument panel.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure.