REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the car.
- Disconnect the brake cable from the connector.
- Force the cable housing and attaching clip forward out of the body crossmember.
- Fold back the left front edge of the floor covering and pry the rubber grommet out of the hole in the dash or from the floor pan.
- Remove the cable-to-floor pan clip.
- Engage the parking brake and work the cable out of the clevis linkage.
- Force the upper end of the cable housing out of the pedal bracket.
- Work the cable and housing assembly out of the floor pan.
- Rework the cable and housing in the floor pan.
- Install the cable to the pedal bracket.
- Engage the parking brake and work the cable into the clevis linkage.
- Install the cable-to-floor pan clip.
- Install the rubber grommet in the hole in the dash or in the floor pan.
- Connect the brake cable to the connector.
- Adjust the parking and service brakes and test the operation of both.