REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Except Pickup Models
- Take off the protective cap from the upper mounting nut.
- Remove the insulator, upper mounting nut and retainer.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Take off the lower shock mounting bolt.
- Take off the shock and spring assembly.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Tighten the lower mounting bolt to 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm), the upper nut to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Raise and support the truck.
- Take off the nuts and bolts securing the upper and lower ends of the shock absorber.
- Remove the shock absorber and inspect the rubber eye and bushings. If these are defective, replace the shock absorber assembly.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal.
- Refer to the illustration for tightening specifications.