These models are equipped with a closed crankcase ventilation system. The PCV valve is located in a line running between the cylinder head cover and the air cleaner.
This valve must be kept clean for optimum engine performance and fuel economy. The PCV valve should be inspected every 15,000 miles (24,139 km) and replaced every 30,000 miles (48,279 km). In extremely dusty conditions or if the car is subjected to extensive idling or short trip operation, the interval should be halved.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Unfasten the PCV hose from the valve.
- Remove the PCV valve from the rubber grommet in the cylinder head cover.
- Clean the mounting area. If needed, replace the grommet.
- Check the hose connected to the valve for any deterioration.
- Place a new valve into the grommet, then attach the hose.