These engines are equipped with a fuel filter/pressure regulator located on the top of the tank-mounted fuel pump. This unit is not a regularly maintained unit and is serviced only when a DTC indicates a fault. Removal of the pump is not required to service the filter/regulator.
- Before servicing the vehicle, please familiarize yourself with safety procedures.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Pull the filter/regulator out of the rubber grommet. Cut the hose clamp and remove the fuel line.
- Install the filter/regulator with a new clamp and push it into the rubber grommet.
Install or connect the following:
- Start the engine and check for leaks.
These vehicles incorporate the use of a fuel pump module which comprises:
If the filter(s), regulator, pump or sending unit requires service, the fuel pump module must be replaced.