Removal & Installation
Whenever servicing the fuel system, always works in a well ventilated area. Do not allow fuel spray or vapors to come in contact with a spark or open flame. Keep a dry chemical fire extinguisher near the work area. Always keep fuel in a container specifically designed for fuel storage; also, always properly seal fuel containers to avoid the possibility of fire or explosion. Fuel system work is made more hazardous by a hot engine. Work on a cold engine whenever possible.
Do not use spray (carb) cleaners on any part of the throttle body. Do not apply silicone lubricants to any part of the throttle body.
3.7L, 4.7L And 5.9L Engine
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Perform the fuel system depressurization procedure.
- Disconnect the battery negative cable.
- Disconnect all vacuum lines and electrical connectors from the throttle body. Tag for location, if necessary. Electrical connectors include TPS, MAP and IAC motor.
- Disconnect cables: throttle, cruise control and others fitted.
- Remove the throttle body bolts.
- Lift the throttle body from the intake manifold.
- Put a clean rag into the intake manifold to prevent the entry of foreign matter.
- Always use a new gasket. Inspect the O-ring between the throttle body and intake manifold on 3.7L, 4.7L and 5.7L engines and replace if cracked or distorted.
- Reverse the removal procedure.
Tighten the throttle body bolts to the following torque:
3.7L, 4.7L: 9 ft. lbs. (12 Nm)
- Remove air duct and air resonator box at throttle body.
- Disconnect electrical connector at throttle body.
- Remove four throttle body mounting bolts.
Remove throttle body from intake manifold.
- Clean and check condition of throttle body-to-intake manifold O-ring.
- Clean mating surfaces of throttle body and intake manifold.
- Install throttle body to intake manifold by positioning throttle body to manifold alignment pins.
- Install 4 mounting bolts. Refer to Torque Specifications.
- Install electrical connector.
Install air plenum.
NOTEA Scan Tool may be used to learn electrical parameters. Go to the Miscellaneous menu, and then select ETC Learn.
NOTEIf the previous step is not performed, a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will be set.
NOTEIf necessary, use a scan tool to erase any Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) from PCM.