Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, please familiarize yourself with safety procedures.
- Support the vehicle at the frame rails.
- Support the rear axle with a jack.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- If removed, install spring shackle on frame bracket; tighten nut finger-tight.
- Position spring under rear axle pad, making sure spring centering bolt is inserted into pad locating hole.
- Align front spring eye in front bracket and insert bolt; tighten finger-tight. Repeat process with rear spring eye.
- Install spring plates and U-bolts. Tighten nuts to 90 ft. lbs. (122 Nm).
- Install shock absorbers to spring plates.
- Install wheel.
- Lower vehicle and tighten spring eye bolt nuts and shackle nuts to 85 ft. lbs. (115 Nm).