Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, please familiarize yourself with safety procedures.
- Support the axle.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Install the bolts through the brackets and shock and tighten them as follows: Tighten the lower bolt and nut to 60 ft. lbs. (81 Nm) and the upper bracket nuts to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm)
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Raise vehicle and support the axle.
Lower the spare tire.
NOTEThis step must be done if replacing the left side shock.
- Remove the upper shock bolt and flag nut.
- Remove the lower shock bolt and nut.
- Remove the rear shock absorber from the vehicle.
- Position the shock absorber in the brackets.
- Install the bolts through the brackets and the shock. Install the flag nut on the top bolt and nut on lower bolt.
- Tighten the upper and lower bolt/nuts to 75 ft. lbs. (102 Nm)
- Raise the spare tire back in place, if lowered for the left shock.
- Remove the support and lower the vehicle.