Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, please familiarize yourself with safety procedures.
- Support the axle.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Install the bolts through the brackets and shock and tighten them as follows: Tighten the lower bolt and nut to 60 ft. lbs. (81 Nm) and the upper bracket nuts to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm)
- Raise vehicle and support the axle.
Lower the spare tire.
NOTEThis step must be done if replacing the left side shock.
- Remove the upper shock bolt and flag nut.
- Remove the lower shock bolt and nut.
- Remove the rear shock absorber from the vehicle.
- Position the shock absorber in the brackets.
- Install the bolts through the brackets and the shock. Install the flag nut on the top bolt and nut on lower bolt.
- Tighten the upper and lower bolt/nuts to 75 ft. lbs. (102 Nm)
- Raise the spare tire back in place, if lowered for the left shock.
- Remove the support and lower the vehicle.