Idle Speed Adjustment
The fuel system is controlled by the PCM.7.3L Engine
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Place the transmission in Neutral (manual transmissions) or P (automatic transmissions).
Bring the engine up to normal operating temperature.
NOTEIdle speed is measured with the manual transmission in Neutral or the automatic transmission in D .
- Ensure that the curb idle adjusting screw is against the stop. If not, correct the vehicle linkage.
Check curb idle speed. Curb idle speed is specified on the Vehicle Emissions Control Information (VECI) decal on the underside of the vehicle's hood. Adjust the idle speed to specification using the idle speed adjusting screw.
- Place the transmission in Neutral (manual) or P . Rev the engine momentarily, then place the transmission in the specified gear and recheck the idle speed. Adjust again if necessary.
- Remove the tachometer and close the hood.