Removal & Installation
Except 6.0L Diesel
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Disconnect the radiator upper hose from the radiator. Position the radiator hose aside.
- Disconnect the overflow hose from the radiator.
Disconnect the coolant degas bottle hose from the shroud.
WARNINGThe clutch assembly nut has a right-hand thread and must be rotated counterclockwise to remove it.
Using the special tools, loosen the fan clutch.
- Carefully rotate the fan and fan clutch assembly counterclockwise until the assembly is free from the water pump. Place the fan and fan clutch into the shroud opening.
- If equipped, disconnect the retaining clips from the fan shroud.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Disconnect the lower radiator hose retaining clamp from the shroud.
- If equipped, disconnect the underbody splash shield from the shroud.
Lower the vehicle.
WARNINGUse extreme care when removing or installing the fan, fan clutch and shroud. Failure to do so will cause damage to the radiator.
- Remove the mounting bolts, and the fan, fan clutch and shroud.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure. Install an appropriately sized worm drive-type clamp in place of the constant tension clamp. Observe the tightening torques shown in the accompanying illustrations.