Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise the vehicle and secure on support stands.
- Remove the self-locking nut, steel washer, and rubber bushings at the upper end of the shock absorber.
Remove the bolt and nut at the lower end and remove the shock absorber.
- When installing a new shock absorber, use new rubber bushings. Position the shock absorber on the mounting brackets with the stud end at the top. Install the upper bushing, steel washer and self-locking nut at the upper end, and the bolt and nut at the lower end.
- Tighten the upper mounting studs to 30 ft. lbs. (41 Nm) and the lower mounting nuts to 59 ft. lbs. (80 Nm).