The TPS changes resistance as the throttle opens and closes. This information is sent to the ME engine controller and used to monitor engine load, acceleration, deceleration, as well as when the engine is at wide open throttle or at idle.
Removal & Installation
M112 And M113 Engines
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions.
- Remove air filter housing.
- Remove hot film mass air flow sensor.
- Remove air guide housing.
- Release and disconnect electrical connector at throttle valve actuator.
- Pull bleed hose out of throttle valve actuator.
- Remove bolts.
- Remove throttle valve actuator.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Tighten bolt connecting throttle valve actuator to resonance intake manifold to 7 ft. lbs. (9 Nm).
- Connect STAR DIAGNOSIS or equivalent scan tool and read out fault memory.
All Mercedes Benz electronic testing is performed by reading the fault memory of ME control unit and if necessary, working through test schedules contained in the STAR DIAGNOSIS tool.